You may not realize that we have certified and licensed massage therapists on staff here at Down to Earth Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Dowagiac. So, I wanted to explain the benefits of chiropractic massage. I know you’re probably thinking a massage is a massage, right? If so, that is wrong thinking because there are so many different types of massage; deep tissue, hot stone, cryotherapy, Thai, shiatsu, etc. All the options can make it difficult to figure out what type of massage will work best for you, that is why massage is more effective when prescribed by a Doctor of Chiropractic. So here’s what you need to know about chiropractic massage.
Massage is primarily focused on reducing stress rather than reducing pain and increasing function. As far as I’m concerned there’s no such thing as a bad type of massage, however, some techniques are more effective than others when addressing specific injuries or chronic pain. And just like chiropractic treatment, not all massage techniques work the same for everyone. Here are a few ways chiropractic massage stands out above the rest:
- Your chiropractor will tell the massage therapist which areas need the most attention.
- You can only receive a chiropractic massage after you’ve been examined by your chiropractor. Your chiropractor will identify the areas that need specific attention from the masseuse so all you have to do is sit back and relax.
- Chiropractic massages are quite often covered by insurance.
- Unlike most massages, chiropractic massages are often covered by insurance since it falls under chiropractic care. If you’re unsure if your benefits will cover a massage give us a call and we’ll find out for you.
- Chiropractic massage therapists are skilled at treating injuries.
Chiropractic massage therapists are trained to help treat injuries. General masseuses typically cover most of your body ignoring problem areas that need deeper attention. During a chiropractic massage, your therapist will likely focus on a specific area or a few key areas as well as give you attention from head to toe. In order to do so, they need to have a detailed understanding of the underlying issues and the best techniques to help you address them. That is the great thing about chiropractic massage: you are at your chiropractor’s office to direct the therapist as needed, so you can be sure you are getting the best massage possible!
Find relief and relaxation with us today. If you are looking for chiropractic treatment and massage options that just aren’t available elsewhere, give us a call at (269) 462-9464 to schedule an appointment!